Who knew squares could be so sophisticated? With an eye-catching geometric pattern, the Nova 3-Drawer Nightstand has all the right angles. It’s made of wood with walnut veneers in a chestnut finish for a fresh, urban look. Plus, it includes a special concealed outlet. Plug in your favorite lamp, then just touch the nightstand to switch it on or off.
Solid but with some minor issues
Pros: Adds Electric Outlets, Attractive Design, Easy To Assemble, Sturdy, Extra Storage Space, Good Surface Space, Smooth Drawer Slide, Good Height
Cons: Drawers Are Shallow, Drawers Shallowsmall, Touch Outlet Not Good
Best Uses: Storage, Bedside Surface, Decorative
Describe Yourself: Midrange Shopper
What I love about this piece:
* The style – it’s a very pretty piece
* The smooth sliding of the drawers
* The size – wide and tall, with three drawers, and raised above the ground (great if you have floor vents you’re trying to avoid)
* The ease of assembly (none!)
* That it expands a wall outlet to three outlets (one switched by the touch function)
* The “touch” control – You have to touch the back of the nightstand; there’s a metal contact bar to toggle the switch on/off. I’d have preferred a touch location on the sides or perhaps to skip this feature entirely. Also, the touch outlet caused my lamp to whine audibly. I ended up unplugging the lamp from the touch outlet and plugging it back into the wall. I use the other two outlets on the nightstand for charging my phone and tablet. I wish I could set the switched outlet to “always on” since I’m not using the touch function.
* The drawer design – The drawers are shallower than I would have expected given the dimensions. We had a narrower and taller unit before this that had much deeper drawers. The frame of the unit takes up a lot of the space. Also, the fronts of the drawers aren’t squared off. They follow the curves you see on the exterior. That’s not inherently bad or unexpected, but it means that if you want to use drawer dividers, they won’t fit.
The style and construction more than outweighs the two issues described above, but it’s worth being aware before purchase.