Notice that release date? Yeah, guess what? I’ve already seen it. Today! May 15th. 🙂 We were the first people in the WORLD to see the complete movie! 🙂 I signed an NDA and submitted to handing over all electronics and being body scanned before seeing it…so, suffice it to say, I can’t tell y’all anything about the movie EXCEPT that it was OMGWTFBBQAWESOME!!!!!111!1!!!!!
This was part of a charity fundraiser for the Comer Children’s Hospital. (I know, I know…I violated my donation rule, but it was *toy story 3*…a month in advance!! And you haven’t heard it all yet!!)
And, as if simply seeing the movie early wasn’t enough, we also got to enjoy a VIP brunch with:
- Lee Unkrich – director of TS3 as well as Finding Nemo and others 🙂 I never got to talk to him, but my friend did, and he signed her Finding Nemo DVD and drew a Nemo fish on it 🙂
- Darla Anderson – producer of TS3, as well as Cars and others 🙂
- Joan Cusack – didn’t really talk to her, though I got a few distant pictures…she generally had a crowd around her
- Jeff Garlin – who was incredibly nice and funny, smelled good, hugged me nicely (politely) and could have had me for a song 🙂
- Bonnie Hunt – who totally cut in front of us in line and then bogarded Jeff Garlin for like twenty photos in various arrangements with her friends and family. I swear, I’ve been to weddings with less configurations of family and guests.
We got a goodie bag full of TS3 gear as well as a few items from other sponsors, plus VIP comfy seating for the movie and free movie snacks. And, we each got an ID badge made for us on site in minutes, and it’s one of those thingies that has two pictures merged so that it’s kind of animated. So cool! See below!
Afterward, we went to the Disney store on the Michigan Mile and totally became the envy of the cast members there. It was awesome because the merch for TS3 is already there, and we were like the only people in the store (besides the cast) that actually knew who everyone was! 🙂 Bwah ha ha! All your TS3 are belong to ME! 🙂