Rules: Each player of this game starts off with 10 weird things/habits/little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 10 weird habits/things/little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you need to choose 10 people to be tagged and list their names.
(Please note that, as a meme anarchist, I will not be tagging people, but I did get tagged, and I enjoy this kind of thing, so here goes…)
Okay, 10 weird things about me:
1. I insist on drinking soda from a cup.
2. I surf the internet while in the bathtub. (Most recently, I play Nintendo DS while in the bathtub.)
3. I use and adore ob tampons.
4. I have freakishly slow-growing leg hair. I only shave my legs every 2-3 months, and it’s barely noticeable to anyone but me. I’ve never shaved my legs above the knee at all. Like my arm hair, my leg hair is barely visible.
5. I clip coupons from the Sunday paper, and I’ve done this as long as I’ve been shopping for myself. I am why they print the coupons. I use the ads to decide what to buy.
6. I cannot negotiate with service and sales people at all, despite negotiation being a key part of my day-to-day work. I’m useless when it comes to dickering on prices.
7. I’m freaked out by birds. Birds are food that once ate us (or us-like predecessors), and I can’t help but think that they’re plotting a comeback.
8. I’m a sucker for marketing mascots (e.g., Charmin bears, Cottonelle puppy), and I have to really remind myself that inanimate objects don’t feel hurt when you don’t buy/use them. (Damn you, Velveteen Rabbit!) I’m not talking about me having this in a cute way; I’m screwed up in the head. Someday, I’ll be old and demented, talking to my sheets about whether they had a good night.
9. I have three piercings in each ear, but I’ve almost stopped wearing earrings because that’s just one more thing to do in the morning.
10. Stealing pheltzer’s idea: I play piano, violin, flute, and guitar with reasonable levels of ability.